Sathya's Pasta with Moni's Variations...

, , 1 comment
This is a recipe I stole from Sathya. She has an awesome blog which I often steal recipes from, plus I recently discovered she is a Gossip Girl fan, which I've decided makes her even more cool :-) Anyway, this was one of her recipes I had made numerous times before. This time, I had a few extra ingredients I needed to get rid, plus I was missing a few things, so I decided to do a little improvising, and it worked!


Ingredients (serves 4):

250g pasta (I usually use macaroni or elbows)

2 cloves of garlic, crushed or sliced

1 cup of sundried tomatoes, chopped and kept in their oil

1/2 cup sliced olives

2 tbs olive oil

1/2 tsp chilli flakes (I tend to go a bit overboard, coz i like it hot...)

1 can beans (Sathya recommends cannelini beans, but I replaced this with 4 bean mix)

1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
fresh pepper

1/2 cup grated parmesan


1. Cook the pasta according to directions.

2. At the same time, heat the olive oil together with the sundried tomato oil in a pot and add the garlic. Sautee for a minute and then add the chilli flakes.

3. Add the sundried tomatoes and make sure they are spread over the pan. Let them cook for a minute and then add the olives and ladle in a cup of the pasta water. Let this mixture cook until the liquid reduces by half.

4. Drain the can of beans and add it to the mixture, together with the salt and about 1 and a 1/2 more cups of pasta water. Mix well and let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes.

5. Add a sprinkle of oregano to this mixture.

6. Once the pasta is done, combine it with the sauce mixture and mix throughly.

7. Remove from the heat, stir through the parmesan cheese and serve!

1 comment: